Last Updated: January 6, 2012
This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will post a notice of these changes on our website and in this Policy. You are advised to consult this Policy regularly for any changes.
This Policy is an integral part of the Site’s and Service’s Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions“).
1. Information Collection
Personally Identifiable Information.
In the course of using the Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you and respond to your requests (“Personal Information“), as well as enabling you to access certain restricted parts of the Site and the Service. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, URL, Company Name (if relevant) personal and/or business information that you decide to provide to us.
Non Personally Identifiable Information.
When you access the Site or use the Service, we collect the following:
- Information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or online service (“Browser Data“). This Browser Data may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, geographical location, browser type and version, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site and information you search for on the Site and the Service.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Site and the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Site and the Service and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site and aggregate usage thereto. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the website you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Service.
Third Party Sites
2. How We Use Information
Personal Information is used for the following purposes: (i) to provide the Service, (ii) to administer your use of the Service and any accounts you may have with us, (iii) to personalize your experience, (iv) to provide to you service announcements, (v) to provide you with further information and offers from us that we believe you may find useful or interesting, such as newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, (vi) on behalf of and according to instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners, (vii) to enforce our Terms and Conditions, (viii) to resolve any disputes between users of the Site or the Service, or between such users and us, and (ix) to contact you to obtain feedback from you regarding the Site and the Service. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such announcements, information or offers, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication.
We use information that is not Personal Information for the above purposes, and in order to (i) monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the technical administration of the Site and the Service , (ii) improve the Site and the Service, (iii) generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics, website and Service use behavior of our users, and (iv) verify that users of the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests.
Additionally, with respect to both Personal Information and other information:
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information, including queries and offers generated as a result of your use of the Service, that includes non-identifying information and Browser Data, with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, various commercial purposes and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Combined Information. We may combine certain Personal Information with non Personal Information in order to allow us to create information packages and services that are better tailored to your interests and preferences. Among other things, linking this information may allow us generally to improve and personalize the Site and the Service. If we combine or link any information with your Personal Information, the resulting combination will be treated as Personal Information under this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on our behalf and to perform services related to administration of the Service or the Site (including, without limitation, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics and administration). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to comply with this Policy.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party’s property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including among others your Personal Information and Browser Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or substantially all of our shares or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy.
In addition, we may post additional ancillary privacy notices with respect to specific services.
4. Changing or Deleting Your Information
Our users may send a request to us in writing to review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information we store, if not required to be retained by law or for legitimate business reasons. We shall comply with such request within a reasonable time period, but no later than 48 hours of receiving such request in writing.
In addition, we may delete any information provided by you or related to you, pursuant to our policies as then in effect.
We are concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ a variety of measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information or private communications will be protected from unauthorized disclosure or use.
If you receive an e-mail asking you to update your Personal Information, do not reply and please contact us at email@example.com.
6. International Processing or Transfer
Your information may be processed, maintained or transferred outside of your state, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
7. Contacting Us
If you have any concerns or questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2012 Shark Tooth Ltd. All rights reserved.